Which Flooring Should I Choose?
Resistant & Natural: Tiles
Ultimately, ceramic tile is a functional and practical choice for floors, countertops or walls. Tiles offer versatility in application as well as beauty from their design potential.
- Durable - professionally installed ceramic tiles outperform and outlast just about every other floor covering material created for a similar application.
- Easy care - glazed ceramic tiles resist odors, stains and dirt, and they can be cleaned easily with a sponge or a damp mop, and most ordinary household cleaners.
- Scratch-resistant - tiles with a PEI (hardness) rating over 3 are very resistant to scratches and scuff marks.
- Resistant to fire - ceramic tiles will not burn or give off toxic fumes.
- Water-resistant - glazed ceramic tiles will not absorb moisture, meaning that common liquid spills in the kitchen are of little concern.
- Clean your tiles with a broom or a steam vacuum. Caution: Uncovered suction cups can quickly scratch up your tiles.
- Tiles can be cleaned with water and a special, mild cleaner.